Monday, December 1, 2014

Harlow 3 Months

Our newborn is already 3 months and now I would say she's officially graduated from newborn status to baby status. It went so fast and she has been so much work that it's all a blur now! Her birth was basically the easiest ever but then she had jaundice-multiple trips to the hospital and Bili lights for a week. Then she started crying-intensely-all. The. Time. And spitting up so so so much. So we tried Maalox, and then Zantac, and then a dairy free diet (for me) and then Prevacid. After a month with no dairy and 3 ish weeks on the Prevacid I think we can say the Prevacid is the ticket (thank goodness because I love cheese (except I'm still not sure if she's handling the dairy ok)). And even with all that she still usually wakes up 2-3 times at night to eat, won't nap during the day unless she's being held, and will only stay happy while not being held for very short periods of time. This girl is high maintenance!

Despite my apparent frustration, I am obsessed with her! I seriously love her so much. I am having such a ball playing dress up with her like she's my own little live doll. I give her baths all the time and just stare at and pinch her cutest dimply bum. She loves to give big smiles and she loves attention. She and I have "conversations" all the time when we make sounds back and forth at each other. 

She is really strong and loves to stand up. She likes to see everything around her and loves to be sitting up or standing so she can get a good view. 

She loves to nurse and would probably do it all the time if I let her but she hates the nursing cover so that's tricky. Also I don't seem to make enough milk so I often pump and give her bottles and supplement with formula. I have loved nursing though so I wish I made more milk. 

It has been really hard for me to adjust to two kids with this high maintenance girl but we all love her soo much!

3 months:

With Calli Webb and Eden Burk:

Dressed up for church:

One of her first smiles:

Life with two lol:

My Halloween sassy cat:

Side by side with Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment