Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sure, a post? Why not.

Well, I guess we have done a few things since last August (last time I posted us doing anything) that I could share. I have been, well, pretty busy since I started Cosmetology school in August and haven't had a lot of time to take pictures and get them loaded on here (not to mention I couldn't because my startup disc was full-realized I had to delete the 5,000+ photos out of my iphoto trash...). I'll just share the info of any major events then show a few pictures to prove it!
Most of my time has been spent at MATC, my hair school. I started at the location in American Fork, but then we moved to a brand new school at Thanksgiving Point. I've learned to.... weave/foil, color, cut, eyelash perm, eyelash extension, eyelash/brow tint, do pedicures, do manicures, do facials, birthday parties, perm, style, chemically relax, work the reception area, manage the dispense area, do hair extensions (oh so many ways to do that), and acrylic nails. Fewf, and honestly I think left several things out! Not to mention all the book work--barbering, anatomy, chemistry, face shapes, makeup, sanitation, and client consults just to name a few subjects! And about a month ago I started attending 50 hours a week so two days a week I'm at school 13 hours straight, yuck! I also completed a foods/cooking class online for my major at BYU, and am halfway through a family finance class. Only one more left to finish my degree, yes! Anyway, you can see why the blogging has been on hold...
So besides school? We spent Thanksgiving in Blanding and had a huge feast with all the Johnson side of the family (Shad's mom's family). It was delish and fun to be with family! We enjoyed Christmas with the Steed's-my fam of course-and it was really nice. It was extra special this year because we were all so thankful to be able to have my mom there with us after going through the scare with her stroke last June (small update she is doing great and hit her year mark this week). It was fun to have the entire family together for a few days, which hasn't happened in quite a while. In January I took a trip to Long Beach with my school to attend the Long Beach Hair Show, to go to Disney Land, and to enjoy some beaching. It was a fun trip and nice break. We've been through a little trauma watching my brother be in and out of jail and into drug rehab--a little heavy but a big part of our lives the past 8 months. The report is that he is doing great and we're hoping for a huge turn around-go Dallin! We've been to St. George a few times to enjoy the weather-once with the Webbs, once just us, and once a girls trip just my mom and I. We did the usual Webb Easter festivities, but brought them to Utah County this year. We painted eggs at Cody and Amanda's house then rolled them down the track we (well really pretty much just the boys) made the next day out west of Utah Lake. Definitely always a fun activity. We welcomed a new nephew into the family, Haven and Joe's new baby,Hayes. He is ADORABLE and we love him to death. So happy he is here and healthy! Lastly, I turned 22 in march! I'm not getting any younger folks!
Sorry for the late + long post! Hopefully I can get caught up on this and let you know better as things go along! Things we're looking forward to: my being finished with BYU and MATC this year!, a road trip to Cali in the next few weeks (cross our fingers), July 4th in Blanding, possibly a trip to Lake Tahoe in August, and our big trip this year to HAWAII in October, Woohoo!
I made dinner for the Steed family for easter, I was especially proud of my berry pies!
Easter egg decorating-shads is the blue/black bullet with the face-he clearly takes egg decorating more seriously than me
Shad playing at a river beach we found in St. George on one of our trips. He spent hours in there while I read a book in the sun.
Opening presents from mom and grandma for my birthday, they spoil me, they're wonderful!
My model for our school's Spring Fashion Show
One of my 'senior projects'. We have to pick a cut and color from a picture and replicate it on a mannequin. It's harder than you think!

New short A-line cut I did on my mom-so cute!
My first real nail client, so nervous, but they didn't turn out too bad!
Crazy guy advertising at the Long Beach Hair Show. This show was HUGE and we saw some very interesting people!
On the teacups at Disneyland
Funny faces, soaking up sun at Long Beach
Baby Shower for Haven
My mom at Christmas holding an old photo of her as a little girl that we dug up
Post-Christmas mayhem!

Thanks for tuning in! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment