We went to Blanding over Memorial Day weekend and it was such a great trip! I'll be honest, I was dreading some parts of it! I thought the drive would be terrible with Harlow and that we would get zero sleep which would ruin the trip! Sadly, we did almost get zero sleep, but somehow it didn't ruin the trip and Harlow actually did really great in the car!
The first day we went to a place called cottonwood which was pretty magical! It was this spot in a river where the rocks went down to shallow water and the kids loved it! It was beautiful weather and we had a great time. We ended that day at a different spot south of Blanding where we did a hike to some Indian ruins then had Dutch oven dinner. I loved it all! And of course the kids were in heaven with unlimited dirt and rocks, and even tadpoles (or tad-a-poles as they kept calling them).
Sunday we visited the Webbs old Ward and it was fun! Blanding has such a sense of community and everyone was so nice. We hiked up dry wash on the mountain that afternoon as well as visited a newly expanded reservoir. It was all so gorgeous and the weather was perfection! We spent dinner with all the Johnson clan and it was so fun to see them all.
The worst part of the trip was that we all got stuck in traffic for several hours in the canyon on the way home. The sunset behind the windmills was the only good that came out of that! All in all the trip was a blast and I would do it again!











No comments:
Post a Comment