Tuesday, September 29, 2009

(gunless) Elk Hunting


The Webb's Kid's fort is falling down, but we decided when Carter and Trey grow up and the rest of us have kids, we'll help them build it again :)
The meadow where Shad taught me to shoot guns, one of the events I forgot to take pictures of.

One VERY early morning looking for Elk.

We headed down to Blanding least weekend, but from there we headed up to Elk Ridge (I think that's the name?) to go get up close and personal with some elk. Mama and Papa Webb got there first and had their nice trailer, a tent, and the rest of "Cody's Coral" ready for us. Cordell Black went up too to lead us to the Elk. Shad, our friend Brandon, and I all drove from Orem. Anyway, I loved it. It was so nice to get up in the mountains for awhile and enjoy the beautiful fall colors! Chris and Stacey kept us very well fed and Cordell found us some huge bucks! Here are a few pictures of our little weekend getaway... Oh, and I seem to have difficulty getting pictures of things anymore, so most of these are of the last day... but they still give the general picture!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Bummed we had to miss out! When the boys get older we'll have to go back and fix the fort :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a blast - thanks for coming down you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to make a correction... Apparently male elk are called bulls not bucks! We did see a few bucks too though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Brooke, how could you confuse the two! :) Looks like you guys had a blast! Glad I found your blog so I can see all the fun things you do while I keep acquiring more and more homework and housework...ugh. Time for something fun!

    ReplyDelete