Monday, July 11, 2011

July 4th + St. George Weekend

I didn't really get any good pictures, but I better share what we've been up to the past couple of weeks. For the 4th of July we did our traditional trip to Blanding. In Blanding we spent time with family, went to the parade, went to the Melodrama, I ran a 5k (with Stacey, and I never even had to stop and walk!-that was my only goal :)), went to the fair at the park and had some good food, celebrated Chris's 50 birthday with a surprise party, ate lots of Stacey's good food, did our own fireworks (freaked out when I saw a giant black spider crawling up Shad's back!), and went to see the city fireworks at the park. It was so much fun, as usual. We love spending time with family and always enjoy playing with the nephews-Carter and Trey (now 2) and the new baby Hayes. It was a very hot weekend, but so fun to have a break and enjoy the 4th.
Then, last weekend, I drove down to St. George with my Grandma and Mom for a little girls weekend getaway. Our plan was to see both shows playing at the Tuacahn theater-The Little Mermaid and Grease, but friday night we got rained out of The Little Mermaid after only 25 minutes :(. Oh well, at least they're letting us get our money back! Both shows were amazing, I really love that outdoor theater, such pretty surroundings! Other things we did were the Tuacahn farmers market (we always seems to leave those with at least one piece of jewelry), shopping, eating out, going on walks, and just plain relaxing! It was fun to relax, enjoy each other, and not have to cook once!
Today is Shad and my 2 year anniversary, already! So here comes the cheesy :) I came home from my trip to edible arrangements chocolate fruit, a balloon, and some new movies! Shad is the best! I'm so happy to share my life with him and so excited for the years to come! We have truly learned a lot about each other and about marriage in the past two years and I'm happy to say we are doing great! I couldn't believe I could love him more than I did in the beginning, but my love grows for him all the time. We have faced a lot of challenges together and he is always by my side helping me through, I couldn't have asked for a better best friend. Thanks Shad, I love you!
Looking forward to... only two months left of hair school!!!! Yes! Trip to Lake Tahoe in August, and to Hawaii in October (we're having a very vacation year-I need these breaks from school I swear!), me trying to find a job, me trying to finish BYU, possibly moving to a townhome or condo, getting a new baby niece in October, and Shad learning and improving every day in his job, good work Shad!

We are so blessed to have such wonderful families and so many great things to enjoy. Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment