Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lake Tahoe

We had the opportunity to go with my family to Lake Tahoe, NV this past week and it was such a nice break! I drove down with my family on the 6th and Shad flew in with Spencer halfway through the week on Wednesday. We spent most of our days enjoying my Aunt Sherrie and Uncle Gil's beach and most nights enjoying dinner out. The weather was a little cooler, but it felt great, and the views there are more beautiful than about anywhere else I've ever been! My Uncle Gil was so nice and took us out on his boat two of the days and gave us tours of the lake. We've been to Lake Tahoe a handful of times before, but I am still amazed by how grand and expensive the homes on the lake are! They are really fun to look at from the lakeside view. Here are some photos of the trip.
This is one of the homes on "billionaire row," one of my favorites.

Our last day on the beach.

The boys caught all these crawdads in the rocks and then cooked them up and ate them! Gross!


Uncle Gil, our captain, with Spencer.



The boys were so silly together on this trip, as usual. They made videos doing this dance "the bernie" where they shake their arms around like a dead man (dance based on 80's movie, Weekend at Bernie's).

We had dinner with Sherrie and Gil one night at Steamers on King's Beach-delicious pizza!

Sherrie and Gil had us over at their condo on Sunday for dinner, so gracious!

Conner and I tubing.

Just eating lunch and enjoying the view :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay Brooke! You're updating your blog more! I just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'll never compare to you, your blog keeps me so entertained I love it! But maybe now that I'm not doing over full time school I can update a little more, Thanks Chels! :)

    ReplyDelete