We made a whole weekend of thanksgiving and stayed up in Ogden at my parents house. I love Thanksgiving with the Steed's because I get to cook and I love cooking :). We keep dinner simple and usually just have the immediate family over. This year it was Shad and I, my three brothers Spencer, Dallin, and Conner, Spencer's girlfriend Alex, Mom and Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa Squires. My mom shared with us the reasons she is grateful for every member of the family, it was so sweet! She also had my grandpa read some thoughts she had written down about our church (she didn't want to share them because she knew she would cry-so tenderhearted!). I love hearing thoughts from my grandpa about the Gospel because he knows so much and always shares such wisdom. It was especially tender this year because Grandpa had a small stroke recently and we've all had him in our thoughts and prayers especially as of late for that reason. Thanksgiving day turned out really great, especially because we got to spend it with some really amazing people!
Playing games that night, my grandparents always brings good games!
Sweet potato casserole (actually yams) thank you pinterest, so good!
Yummy potatoes, again thank you pinterest, a big hit!
The turkey carver getting down to business
Turkey carver and salad shaker, beautiful couple eh?
The crew (minus Conner taking the shot, and we missed Breklyn's family this year :( but glad you got to escape to warmer weather!)
Chocolate pie
Pumpkin, didn't turn out as pretty as I hoped, but I did attempt a new trick-braiding the edges of the crust
Apple pie, messy, as is my usual style
The rest of the weekend I.... cut and colored mom's hair, cut dad, dallin, and Conner's hair, shopped, saw Breaking Dawn (again), saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean Movie, put up mom's Christmas decorations, went to temple square to see the lights (a mob scene, during which Shad got a migraine..), and enjoyed time with the fam!
No comments:
Post a Comment