Well, here I am making a post in my new house! I've been MIA this week because we don't have internet set up yet! (I'm posting on borrowed internet from our new next door neighbors, the Gagon's, they're so nice!) We've had a crazy week with getting everything settled in the new house and me getting my job going at the new salon. I'm happy to say that I've gotten most of the painting done, with the help of my amazing mother-in-law Stacey and a very unkempt and paint-frenzied week on my part. We've put up the majority of our decorations plus some new ones, and yesterday we bought a couch (not to arrive until next Tuesday)! It has all been a bit stressful, but I'm finally starting to feel like this is actually our house. I'm baking some cookies right now, something that I always think makes a house more homey (too bad I can't eat them til our fast is over haha). We still have a few projects left-Shad is calking cracks in our shower right now, and the two spare bedrooms will need painting, but I'm happy that this house is becoming our home :).
We did make time to fit some fun things into our schedule over the past couple weeks too. We carved pumpkins with Haven, Joe, Hayes, Amanda, Cody, Carter & Trey for FHE the week before Halloween. We've made that a tradition and I love it. However, my stress kept me from going out on a limb with creativity this year, so I went with the very simple smiley (on the far left). Shad's, of course, is the brightest glowing and scariest, sitting next to mine.

Then on Halloween night we went to Amanda and Cody's house for dinner, treats, and a movie. Our friends Leia and Brandon Burk came too. I made a meal that our friend Angie Tate made for us last fall, a meatie, veggie, cheesy sauce baked in a pumpkin that you eat over rice. It was delicious, thanks for the recipe Angie! Amanda got us yummy cinnamon rolls for desert and Leia made an elaborate and delicious salad, what a feast! We watched one of my very favorite movies after dinner, The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Some other things I've done in the past several weeks... went to a Jack's Mannequin concert with my bestie Jaclyn, saw 'Dracula' by Ballet West with mom and grandma, spent time with Shad's parents who were in town this weekend, and spent time with my family when they helped us move in last weekend.
All in all we've had a very busy, but enjoyable couple of weeks. When we have couches and I've cleaned up the place a bit, I'll post some pictures. Wish me luck with my new job, and I'm working on growing my clientele so please send people my way or drop in yourself if you're in Lehi! I'm looking forward to.... our new couch arriving next Tuesday, making Thanksgiving dinner for my family, Christmas in Blanding, and living in our new house!
No comments:
Post a Comment