Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

Yes, I'm vain enough to do my own birthday post. I'm 24 now! It's not like a milestone or anything, but I feel like it marks that you are really into your 20's now. Something I have no problem with. I'm thinking I wouldn't mind freezing my body in 20's mode for the rest of my life. After having my first baby, I'm wondering if it's all just going to be downhill for me after this, haha. 

My birthday started out wonderfully with presents from Shad and Tavvin (and my parents-in-law). We all snuggled in bed (sans parents-in-law) while I opened them. New running shoes, an underwater camera (Actually, Shad just won that for work this week and stuck it in the gift. I don't mind!), and.... an "I owe you" for an iphone! It's only and "I owe you" right now because we're waiting for my upgrade to come up in another month, but I'm so stoked! I have been using the free Verizon basic flip phone for years and I'm probably the last person on the planet without a smart phone (besides Haven, but she's going to upgrade with me). 

Yes, I really took pictures of my presents. How boring is a blog with no pictures?

After presents I went over to Stacey's for an Easter craft with the girls. It was nice to have something fun  to do on my birthday and the craft was really cute, thanks Stacey and girls! I also loved the card and cadbury eggs from my sweet nephews :).



That night, Shad and I went out to a movie I've had my eye on, Beautiful Creatures. I loved it! Ok, there were a few corny parts and a few slow parts, but overall I thought it was really cool. Thanks for taking me babe!


My favorite part of the day, though, was when we got home. I was waiting by the back door for Bella to go potty when I heard the sweetest sounds from upstairs. Shad was tickling and entertaining Tavvin and he was laughing so hard! I'm so sappy, I know, but it just warmed my heart and made such a happy ending to my day!!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy Birthday! I just upgraded to a smart phone in June, and it changed my life. I was really anti-smartphone, but I'm glad I made the switch. Especially with a baby-- it's so fun to instagram and have lots of apps about babies/health/fitness etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am so excited! I was holding out because I couldn't justify the expense, but we figured out a way to make it cheaper and now I can wait! I'm most excited for instagram haha

    ReplyDelete