Well, as the birthday post confirmed, Tav is now 1 year old. I don't think I've updated any of his stats since 8 months..oops! What will I do when I have more than one kid? Hard to keep the blog updated!
Tavvin now weighs 19 1/2 lbs and is 30.75 inches tall.
He started taking his first steps in mid-September and now usually walks instead of crawls. He's still a bit wobbly and prefers to have help.
He talks a lot. It doesn't make any sense yet, but he seems to think it does. One word he does sort of say is "Thank-you" (proud mama). I'm not positive he fully understands what it means, but he does say it when you give him something (in addition to other random times) so.. maybe?
He started throwing fits. He's learning what he likes, and more importantly to him, what he doesn't like. He wants to make sure we know this. He'll arch his back and throw his head back when he gets angry. He also has a very convincing cry.
He becomes more interactive all the time and it's fun to see his personality come through. He loves getting attention and often cries just if I don't give him attention AT ALL TIMES. :)
He loves when people make him laugh and is always trying to get us to do something fun/funny.
He adores his dad and usually cries when he leaves in the morning.
He loves playing with 'big kids' and is always entertained by all his cousins.
He points at everything, and favors pointing up. The first thing he does when we get out of his crib is point up, often with some jibberish. He likes to point at something and get a reaction out of people.
He loves to dance. Any time he hears music he starts moving to the beat.
He enjoys car rides, stroller rides, and rides in his new 'cozy coup' car. Any time he's grumpy, I know I can give him a ride in one of those and he'll be happy as can be.
He uses anything and everything as a walker. Lately he favors the dog food container (it's the perfect height and weight) and our bar stools (which often topple over and make him cry).
He loves to climb on things and I have found him in odd/scary places: the oven drawer, on his high chair, on the dining room chairs, etc.
He now has 6 teeth, 4 top front, and 2 bottom front.
He is the sunshine in our lives!
Some recent photos:
I decided it was time to cut off his baby mullet. He did really well as long as Shad kept squirting water in his mouth and giving him crackers (for all you hairstylists who wonder what I'm doing, I didn't actually cut that piece, it was posed for the photo!).
Trying to get a picture of his new do, he wasn't having it.
Yet another pic of the new do.
At the doctor's office for his 1 year checkup. He was interested in the aquarium for the first time.
Eating PretzelMaker pretzels at the mall. I am a serious recluse homebody, but I try to get us out of the house a few times a week to keep him entertained.
At Shad's mission reunion in Park City. I'm obsessed with this new raccoon sweater I got him for his birthday from H&M.
Throwing a fit just today, it was nap time.
No comments:
Post a Comment