We switch off Thanksgiving and Christmas with Shad's and my family every year, and this year we were with my family for Thanksgiving. I really like it this way because it means I get to do a lot of cooking! This year I made the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls, salad, stuffing and two pies. It is so weird, because it's so much work, but I seriously love it. I did have a lot of help from my mom, and Alex brought really yummy creamed corn, and my grandma brought delicious candied yams. Thanksgiving with my family usually only includes my immediate family and one set of grandparents, so it's actually not that many people to cook for. If there were more, I'd never be able to do that much food!
We actually stayed in Ogden all weekend to get the most out of the holiday. I'm glad we did, we always have a lot of fun with my family.
Tavvin was a big fan of the piano. Good thing, it sadly doesn't get a lot of use anymore! ^^
Prepping the salads^^
My dad likes to come in and check on my stuff, make sure it's going to turn out ok ;) ^^
Pumpkin pie and apple pie. I made these the night before and unfortunately they didn't turn out as delicious as they normally do (looks are deceiving!) :( ^^
Spencer carving the turkey ^^
Gathered to eat! (I was much happier than I look) ^^
I love when Tavvin gets a little time with my siblings, he needs to know his aunts and uncles!^^
Grandma and Grandpa taught Shad and I how to play Hand & Foot. I liked it, but it took us a minute to catch on. ^^
I got to set up my mom's tree. I love her Christmas tree! ^^
All weekend these dear were just hanging out around their house. This particular morning, Tavvin and I were awake a while before everyone else got up so we sat and watched them out the window. ^^^
Tavvin with an ornament headband on :D ^
Shad and Tav just lounging. Shad enjoyed watching some football with my dad. ^
My parents view is amazing. I can't believe how much I took it for granted when I lived there! I had to snap this shot of the sunset before we headed home. ^^^
I also had to get another picture of the tree at night (for some reason the bottom row of lights weren't working). Nothing feels more like Christmas to me than this tree lit at night with the view of the city behind! ^^



No comments:
Post a Comment