Thursday, May 1, 2014

Baby Girl

We found out that baby #2 is a GIRL!!! I didn't think I cared that much, but it turns out that I am super excited! When the ultrasound tech was doing our 20 week check and was determining gender, I just kept thinking: where are his parts?? Haha. Turns out "he" didn't have any! Anyway, I couldn't stop smiling! I'm just such a girly girl it will be so fun for me to buy some frilly things and decorate with pink. 

I don't want to suggest that I would have been sad to have another boy!! I love Tavvin more than I thought was humanly possible to love anyone and I will love all my children regardless of their gender or anything else! 

Anyway. I am filled with emotions in anticipation for this sweet girl to arrive. I'm terrified to go through labor (and recovery) again. And although I have done it once, I still feel like I have no idea what to expect. I just hope and pray it won't be as traumatizing as my experience with Tav was. I'm also terrified when I remember the intense struggle those first few months were with no sleep getting used to having a new tiny person to care for while dealing with post-partom emotions. I'm hoping now after having been through it once it will be a little easier and less stressful. I also can't seem to actually believe that I'm having a baby again. It all still feels really surreal and probably will until she gets here. 

I feel so blessed to be allowed the experience of being a mother. It is so humbling every day to know I've been allowe this great responsibility. I love it and I love my Tavvin as I know I will love this girl as well. 

We haven't set anything in stone yet but we think we will name her Harlow Ruby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment