I've been trying really hard to have family home evening regularly these past few months (as I'm typing this I'm realizing it's Monday night and we totally missed it-one of those days!). I feel like Tavvin is finally getting old enough to understand it and I think it's important to start when the kids are young and stay consistent.
A few weeks ago we went all-out and took Tav to the dinosaur museum and to get ice cream (I had just gotten a Thanksgiving Point pass). It was fun to do something together as a family. Tavvin was still a little too young to really enjoy the museum, but he had fun running all around and saying "Woa!" when he saw something he thought was cool.
Most of our FHE's have been a prayer, (Tav has learned the words 'prayer' and 'amen' and how to fold his arms... For a few seconds) a song, and a very short and very simple lesson. But I feel an assurance that doing it is right and good and I am going to try very hard to keep it going for... Ever!




No comments:
Post a Comment