Sunday, September 18, 2011

To start the week off...

So the other day I was on the treadmill at the gym (trying to push to three miles, for some reason I can never last longer than that!). I was scanning all the hanging TV's and I landed on E News. It was going over all the celebs who had awesome bodies just weeks after having a baby and how they did it. They said of Kate Hudson, she just doesn't eat breads or sweets, but she doesn't deprive herself. I'm just wondering, how does that statement even make sense?? I have come to decide that not eating breads or sweets is the epitome of deprivation! Although this low-carb diet is helping me shed a few unwanted pounds and shape up, I'm just not sure that the deprivation of really good food is worth it! I haven't given up yet, because I am determined to eat my way through a lot of bread and sweets once in Hawaii, but for now the diet and I are having a love/hate relationship!

In other news, I had a really great week NOT going to school. I stayed up as late as I wanted and slept in as long as I wanted too! I have time for the gym and for cooking dinner and running errands. I also was able to do a girls day date with Shad's family on Wednesday and another girls day with my mom on Friday. I'm actually having a hard time with the lack of structure, but I'm trying really hard to enjoy it, because I know it won't last. As for the house comment in the last post, Shad and I have offers on both a town house and a house in Lehi. We really like both, but we will probably take the townhouse if that offer gets accepted, we're hoping it does! Here's to another free week, hopefully my new boss gets me working soon before I run out of things to do. Only 11 more days to Kauai!

2 comments:

  1. Brooke! I'm so glad you're blogging again. I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chelsea! Glad at least one person actually looks at it from time to time.. haha

    ReplyDelete