Sunday, May 20, 2012

Expecting Party

This weekend my sisters-in-law Haven & Amanda, our friend Leia and I had a pre-baby girls night. We decided we needed a bachelorette party, but for pre-delivery instead of pre-wedding, because Leia, Amanda, and I are are all expecting. Amanda is due next week so we were running out of time! We did dinner at Cafe Rio, Snow Cones in Alpine (so yummy, but can't remember the name?), and rented New Years Eve. It was a blast talking out all the woes of pregnancy and indulging ourselves in some delicious food :). Since this was one of the few times that I got all ready, I requested someone get a pic of me, seeing as I wanted a 20 week picture anyway~I'm halfway through now!

Another exciting thing to share (more for me, not sure that anyone else cares too much) is that I've started feeling the baby move! When Shad and I were in St. George I thought I could, but wasn't sure. Well, I'm sure now, this little guys wiggles around like crazy! He seems to be most alert after I eat, when I'm cutting hair-specifically with clippers-and today I noticed when someone is speaking at the podium in sacrament (wondering if it's just because it's a loud noise or if I should brace myself for future difficult sacrament meetings!). Just today Shad felt him for the first time from the outside of my tummy and he loved it! Anyway, this has been so fun for me and has made this experience so much more real! So excited to be meeting our little guy (or gal) in 20 1/2 more weeks!


This Thursday we get the official diagnosis on boy or girl. I'm feeling pretty confident that it's a boy, but I guess you never know! I'll keep you informed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute are you!? You finally have a belly (a tiny one). I love it! I'm so excited for you to be a mommy, the greatest experience ever!! And I too thought This Means War was hilarious! Loved it. I need to see you and the baby bump real soon. Happy BOY shopping to you! Don't go too nuts since you'll get bombarded with gifts :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you hiding that baby?? Seriously, you look amazing. I hope I look that good when I'm half way through my pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete