Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Bachelorette

I would like to share with you one of my guilty pleasures, The Bachelor/Bachelorette. I guess I can get away with saying it's not that guilty, considering that probably about, oh, most females around my age in Utah and across the country also love this TV show. I wonder sometimes, though, if my happiness relies a little too heavily on watching the latest episode each week..... Oh well, if it makes me happy and doesn't appear to be hurting anything then it's ok, right?


This season has particularly peaked my interest because they got Emily Maynard to be the bachelorette. I'm pretty sure they wanted her bad because they moved the whole show to her town and let her live in her own house and be with her daughter. She won Brad's season recently and everyone loved her, just admit it, you can't help but love her. The guys can't either, and that makes this season even more interesting. I'm going to share a few of my personal opinions about said guys mostly because Shad is a little less than interested to hear about my bachelorette rants and raves :) (writing this without wanting to spoil any episodes, so some of the guys mentioned may or may not still be on the show).


Ryan. Ryan would have gotten the first impression rose-if it were up to me-for two reasons. The first is that at first look, he was the best looking guy that walked into the house. The second reason is that he was the only guy who didn't weird me out or make me feel really awkward during his first meeting of Emily! That being said... after seeing him in the latest episodes I now think he's becoming a little too comfortable and showing a lot more of his arrogant side: yuck. Also, he may or may not have told Emily not to get fat? Not something you say to a girl you haven't won over yet, actually probably just not ever.



Stevie, Long-Haired guy, Alejandro and Kalon: no, no, no, nooooo. Stevie (green shirt): looks like he's straight from the 80's and just, just no. I couldn't find a picture of long-haired guy because I don't even know his name! Honestly, he might actually be kind of cute if he cut his hair, but his hair is so ugly and so long in all the wrong ways for a man, bleh. Alejandro (bottom) looks like... a high school gang member? I don't know, maybe it's just me on this one, but I can't picture his funky hair and earrings being a part of Emily's life. And Kalon (top left): soo much arrogance packed into one goofy looking preppy boy. He's difficult to watch. I'm pretty sure they throw guys like this into the mix just to keep the show a little extra interesting.



The dads. This is what I call these two. I can't actually think of either of their names at the moment... They can't stop talking about being dads! Ok, I'm being a little insensitive, it would be extremely hard to leave a child at home for several months, but do you have to talk only about that fact all of the time? The first one is a bit more tolerable (and cuter) than the second, he seems to be a little more chill and does talk about other things sometimes. The second guy though? He makes it a point to ask his 5-year-old son if he misses him, and then completely loses it when he nonchalantly says yes, uh.. looking for an excuse to go home? I think so.


Arie. Ok, mostly from the beginning I have really liked Arie. He is so open and honest and doesn't seem like he's trying too hard, which most of the guys seem like they are at some time or another, so it's refreshing. I can't really decide if he's attractive or not, but his personality seems to win him a lot of points in my book. Emily's too, it seems...


Chris..? I think that's his name, I obviously have a hard time remembering these guys names unless they're hot, and I don't think he is. I get really bugged by how much Emily tells him he is so attractive because I think he looks like a big goob... Even though he is a very sweet, nice guy.


Jef, with one f. He's doing OK for the Utah candidate. Just saying that because usually the one person on the show representing Utah is super crazy or weird. He seems really young, too young for Emily. It could be the way he looks (the hair isn't working for me), or acts, or both. I don't dislike him, just don't particularly like him either. And he rode in on a skateboard which he tossed into the bushes... trying to hard.



Lastly, Sean and Travis. Not because this is all the guys on the show, these are just the last two that I care to talk about. These two are just showing up the radar for me in the last episode. I never realized how cute Sean is, excited to see a date with him. And Travis just seems cute and nice, despite his weird giant egg thing...

Well, I hope you enjoyed my opinions. Feel free to rant with me, or against me, or ignore me if you hate this show or could care less about it. I just feel better now to get this all off my chest. I seriously am obsessed with this show and can hardly wait a whole week between each episode!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha I'm dying. Just read all of that and chuckled to myself because I have these same thoughts! Especially Chris!!! What the crap- he is not even attractive and is kinda weirdy?? Joe keeps bothering me and telling me it's all fake and I just want to hit him because I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with 100% of everything that you said. Same things bug so much and thank you for bringing up the dads! I honestly thought it was too much too soon. Oh and how about Ryan's letter last episode? I am looking forward to your post for next week!

    ReplyDelete