I am beginning to think the hardest decision I've ever made is what color to paint our nursery! (Haha-kidding, but not totally.) And in the end I didn't even make the decision, I forced Shad to do it because I couldn't think about it anymore! So my original color scheme in my head included a light aqua blue (didn't realize this includes nearly unlimited possibilities), navy, orange, some green, brown, and off-white. My plan was to paint the bottom third of the room off-white-which we did no problem-and the top an aqua blue.
Turns out it is soo hard to pick the right blue! What I discovered: a paint color looks one way on the little paper swatch, a different way when mixed in a $3 sample container, another different way when mixed in a gallon size, and all of these are different in different lighting, when held up against different colors, or when mixed by different guys at the paint store. Headache.
After collecting about 100 swatches, buying a sample, buying 2 different color gallons and going back to have one of them remixed, we finally settled on a color and just went for it. Honestly, I'm not sure I totally LOVE it, but I like it and I know it will look good when I get everything else put together with it.
What it looks like in natural light
What it looks like in artificial light
What we struggled with was finding an aqua blue that looks good with the off-white in the room, but also was still what I imagined for my color scheme. Aqua is apparently a little bright against a more dull off-white and when painted on such a big surface area. You're probably thinking that I'm ridiculous, and maybe I am, but I have
never put this much thought into a decorating project and I really want
to love the end result!
I'm just glad that the painting is FINALLY done and I can move on to some more fun projects. My next project is the dresser. I'm going to be painting an old dresser either navy or off-white (I know, I know more tough color choices). I also have to switch out the knobs and line the inside of the drawers with a fun color/pattern. Why is it that I feel like I won't be ready to have this baby until my nursery is done?
No comments:
Post a Comment