Thursday, March 29, 2012

Days Off

Back when I was jobless I'm sure you heard me complain at least once of boredom. It is amazing how much more enjoyable days off are when you have a job to go to on the other days! I had a very wonderful day off on Tuesday and would like to brag to you all about it. :)

1. I have been waiting for my 12 week appointment like a little kid waits for Christmas! I could hardly make myself fall asleep the night before-I know it sounds so silly. Well, the appointment was a bit more brief and sans ultrasound than I was expecting, but it was seriously the coolest thing to hear this tiny, fast heartbeat coming from my lower abdomen! I mean have you ever heard a tiny heartbeat in your tummy?! (if you've been pregnant you need not answer haha).

2. I got to go see the new City Creek Center with my lovely sis-in-law Haven and her cute little guy Hayes. First of all, I loved city creek. It was very nice and it was cool to see some stores, like sephora, that we just haven't seen in Utah (although I am feeling really sorry for Gateway which I assume will be deserted for quite a while?). Second of all I really enjoyed getting out and spending some quality time with Haven and Hayes! I hadn't realized how much I've been missing some girls shopping time.

3. We went with our friends Cory and Lindsey Wahlen to the Hunger Games! The movie was awesome (although had its cheesy moments) and I loved it! I thought they did an excellent job with the cast and following the book. Can't wait to see it a few more times and for numbers 2 and 3 to come out as well! I plan on buying the books to re-read to refresh my memory of the story line.

Sorry about the lack of pictures yet again-I realize pictureless blogs are boring to read! Also, I would like to share my latest complaints (please realize I really am extremely happy and thankful to be pregnant despite my whining). Ok I swear no one told me how ugly you start to feel when pregnant! I mean seriously not only the weight gain, but the puebescant acne, and puffy tired eyes too? And I'm only in the first trimester, I imagine this will only get worse.. Once upon a time I said I was excited to one day be pregnant because you can be fat and it's cute-I retract that statement now that I'm filling those shoes. "cute" is not coming to mind haha. Lastly just want to say- I hate that I can't really pick out any baby stuff yet because I don't know the gender, come on gender ultrasound appointment, get here faster!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny though, because everyone else says you're "so cute pregnant!" and you just feel gross...good luck. We're super excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete