My birthday was last week, happy birthday to me! Toot my own horn, or maybe when you start getting this old you don't toot your own horn for your birthdays? Anyway I'm a very old 23 this year. It feels very old! I think as a child I only ever imagined myself up to about 20, my brain couldn't think older than that haha, but here I am and i don't feel that much different than I did the last two or three birthdays. Maybe just a touch wiser-hopefully anyway. This birthday brought the gift that many March firsts have brought me, a cold. To add to it we're having a sale at work so I worked all day and ended the day in tears (I know boohoo for me, I get extra sensitive when i'm sick for long periods of time).
On a happier note I actually did do fun happy things for my birthday. On Wednesday night Shad and all his siblings threw me a surprise party! I loved it. We had pizza (my fav), fun fetti cupcakes, and salad. I was a very surprised and happy girl. They also bought me a spice rack from BB&B complete with all the spices, I LOVE it!
Sunday night we had a celebration with my side of the family. We did dinner up at my parent's house and loved it. I got to try some recipes I've been pinteresting and they were delicious- crash hot potatoes, zucchini fries, and BBQ pork. Alex made me a cake and grandma made my favorite of hers- red jello with raspberries and cool whip. Such a yummy night! Gifts followed the baking theme, my family knows I love to cook! I got a drink dispenser, cupcake pan, cook book, cookie dough scoop, veggie slicer/shredder, prep bowls, and hobby lobby gift card. I was actually upset about all the loot, too much fam, I'm getting too old for so many gifts! But thankful all the same :).
Good news! I am almost over my second nasty cold in the last four weeks, hooray for not feeling miserable. Let's hope I don't catch another one til next year please please please!
Happy birthday! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday {late}! I need to talk you into a couple of cooking lessons :)
ReplyDelete