Thursday, September 13, 2012

Design Funk

I've been stuck in a rut with the nursery for the past week or two! We've gotten pretty much everything all set, I just need a few design details to make it all look complete-and I haven't been able to figure out what I want to do! Well, since I have less than 3 weeks til my due date now, I decided I need to take action. Today I pinned (kind of literally, since I get most of my ideas on pinterest) down a few things that I know I want to do. 

1. We bought a touch lamp from my sister-in-law Amanda (you touch the base to turn it on-this was the only type of lamp Shad thought was good enough for our nursery haha). It's perfect, except the shade color isn't right. I looked at buying a new shade, but the ones I've looked at don't fit on. I decided I'm just going to cover it myself-hoping I can find some cute fabric to spice up the room. Here's a pic from the tutorial I'm using: 
Of course, mine won't be pink. I'll let you know if this works, or if I just end up finding a way to fit on a store-bought shade haha.

2. I want to make a mobile to hang over the crib. "They" say that the colors and movement are good for baby's development? I never know who 'they' are, but I think a mobile will be cute in the nursery. Here's a few ideas I'm going to play around with: 



3. We're planning on getting some newborn photos done in the first few weeks after baby gets here and I want to display them in the nursery. I like this idea of painting wooden plaques for frames I saw on Pinterest: 
I'm going to do some scavenging at Hobby Lobby today to see what my limited creativity can come up with! 

We actually have done some things for the nursery lately-they just weren't crafty projects. We hung up my animal canvas's, bought a fluffy rug (we love to just walk and lay on it haha), bought some storage shelves, got a lamp, and set up all the extras I got at the baby shower. I'm trying not to compare my work to some of the amazing things I've seen on Pinterest, and when I don't I feel pretty proud of it! haha. I feel really lucky to even have been able to decorate a nursery just how I want, and I know baby won't care, but I've been loving decorating this room! Mom deserves to like the nursery right?

2 comments: