I had originally wanted to take pictures more regularly during my
pregnancy, but it just never happened. The truth is that I've had a love/hate relationship going on with my body these past 9 months (I always have a goal of having a positive self body image, but it's an ongoing process!) and I haven't always been up to taking pictures of myself. Here's the few that I've
collected though, and I admit I didn't even realized how much my body has changed really until I saw my early 1st trimester photos! I feel like I look like a totally different person. I hope I can look something like I used to again someday!
Sometime between 9 and 20 weeks...
 |
| 20 Weeks |
 |
| 26 Weeks |
 |
| 27 Weeks |
 |
| 29 Weeks |
 |
| 34 Weeks |
 |
| 38 Weeks |
 |
| 39 weeks (and about 4 a.m. between contractions) |
Pregnancy was very different than I expected, but isn't it amazing that a body can perform such a miracle?! I shared a lot of the bad with you, and I am somewhat ashamed about how negative I have been, but I just like to be real! One thing you can count on from my blog is that I'm not going to lie about anything. I'm hoping that I can try to be more physically active through my next pregnancy (when I develop the stamina to go through this again) so I can feel healthier and keep in better shape. I also may invest in one of those cool U shaped prego body pillows. At the end of the day, I would go through this all over again because I am already so in love with my baby boy and I haven't even met him yet. He is worth anything!
UPDATE: I wrote this post a while ago but added the last picture and decided to post this today because all my complaining has come back to bite me! I started having contractions at 1 last night and by 4 they were 1 minute long and 5 minutes apart. We decided to go to the hospital to see where I was at. Of course I am only at a 1 1/2 still... So they gave me some pain meds and sent me home. The contractions have eased up so I don't know now what's going to happen, but it looks like this baby wants to get here soon after all!
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYou were lookin' FAB thru all 39.5 weeks. You did it - survived the rollercoaster they call pregnancy!
ReplyDelete