Guess who is 1 month today? Wow, time has flown by already! Tavvin barely fits into his newborn onesies these days. Also, turns out this parenting thing is pretty hard. I'm guessing all the moms were reading my posts complaining about being pregnant and rolling their eyes. Ya, I don't think that was the hard part anymore, haha. I'm also guessing that all the moms of 2+ kids are still rolling their eyes because that must be darn near impossible! I'm just going to be grateful that I still have enough free time to do things like write blog posts :) (even if it does mean I'm neglecting laundry, cleaning, getting ready, paying bills, and grocery shopping..).
Tav has gotten SO big! I shouldn't really be surprised, he eats a TON! Some things he's been up to this first month of life:
He's starting to be a lot more alert and less sleepy. AND last night he actually went right to sleep and stayed asleep after every single feeding. This is huge you guys. He might actually be figuring out the difference between night and day, yes! Unfortunately, he still gets hungry at least every three hours, yikes in the mommy sleep department.
Speaking of hungry, we're still trying to get this nursing thing down. He won't take without a shield, he usually nurses for a LONG time, and then is still hungry for a bottle. I've tried a whole bunch of different options, which mostly includes resorting to pumping and using a bottle, but haven't settled on a routine yet. Hopefully we can figure this out...
Tav is a major snorter. Yes, he snorts. Most often when he's upset and especially when he's trying to get some food. He definitely knows when he's hungry and he wants it NOW. I've also heard him purr in his sleep a few times (ya, like cats do), it's so cute.
He's most happy when eating or sleeping. He doesn't have colic, but he isn't very often content to just sit and be awake. When he's fussy he always likes to be bounced up and down, so that's what saves me when he can't calm down. And it gives me a nice arm workout.
He's also learned to really like baths as long as he stays really warm the whole time. This makes for a fun activity we can do with him. He just gets wide eyed and looks around so curiously haha.
He's a major arm-flailor (I know, that's a made up word). His arms are always out of control and it's usually Shad's #1 goal to try and swaddle him and keep his arms in for more than ten seconds.
He's learning to enjoy his binki more and more. This is a major help when I'm trying to get him to sooth himself and sleep. The only issue is with keeping it in his mouth...
Oh how I ADORE newborns! Sad I haven't seen him more :( Love that he snorts and purrs and hooray for binky progress! Keep it up, it will make for an easy sleeper in the future. You're doing great mama! And I'm not rolling my eyes...first babe is the hardest by far. xo
ReplyDelete