Tuesday, January 15, 2013

BB Cream

I don't do many beauty posts. I absolutely love doing hair, but sadly I haven't been able to work in the type of job I was hoping for since going to cosmo school, and so I haven't had a lot to post about. But today I have a beauty post of sorts because I want to share a great product I found.

In hair school, we were supposed to learn makeup, but my school didn't have a good makeup program, so I just got the textbook basics. It's a bummer because I really really love makeup. I never really learned how to do my makeup so a lot of my knowledge I've picked up from here or there or learned from trial and error. 

I never really wore any foundation in high school, but decided it would help me out once I got to college, so I've been trying to find the perfect affordable moisturizer/foundation combo for years. I have dry skin in the winter, and a bit more oily skin in the summer. I have mild acne, so I try to avoid anything too oily. I also am really sensitive to sunscreens or strong fragrance, so it's hard to find the right thing. I eventually resorted to mixing different things and it has been my daily routine to just mix different moisturizers, foundations, and sometimes self-tanner for the past several years. 

I started seeing commercials for BB cream in the past couple months and wondered what it was or why anyone would want it. I really wanted to try it, but I hate spending money products that end up not working out! (They should sell tiny sample sizes of everything). When I saw a post about BB creams on this blog that I read last week, I decided to give them a try. It's always more reassuring to buy a product that's been used and recommended.

I bought the Garnier brand (for $9 on Amazon Prime-vs. the $11 at Walmart) and tried it for the first time today. It is awesome! It really does do what they say on the commercials. Blends, illuminates, has sunscreen, and moisturizes. It's like my daily routine mixture (minus the self-tanner) in a single bottle, which is way more convenient. The coverage is somewhere between straight foundation and a tinted moisturizer. I definitely have an uneven skin tone plus blemishes and this took care of it. I just added a light second layer to my problem areas. It also had enough moisturizer in it that I didn't feel dry, even after I applied my powder, and it gave my skin a nice glow. 


So there you have it. It's been recommended. I am super embarrassed to admit my lack of makeup knowledge, but maybe it'll help you understand any mistakes you've seen me make. Or maybe it'll promote you lending me some tips and tricks! Hopefully I'll get some more beauty posts up here one day on hair-related topics, something I actually know a bit more about!

1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering about BB cream. Thanks for the info... and uhh... if you ever feel like doing some hair... let me know. It hasn't been touched since you did it in July. I know things are crazy for both of us right now, so no pressure!

    ReplyDelete