I'm not a big fan of New Years Eve. I guess I just think what makes it different than any other night? Technically you could start a new year and make resolutions any old time you want. Also, I'm not a partier and it seems like a partier's holiday. Blah blah blah, bottom line is I'm a party pooper haha.
This New Years Eve we didn't do anything too crazy, but I tried to have a better attitude anyway. I wore my "New Years Eve" shirt (just a sequined shirt that I deemed so this year haha). We went over to Shad's parents house and played wackee 6 with the family all night. I'd never played before but I got way into it and Shad and I won! Woo woo! I also played sequence and we all stayed up until one just talking. It was fun.
There is one thing that is a must for me every New Years Eve, and that's toasting sparkling cider at midnight. I love sparkling cider, yummy.
I got a little excited and drank mine early, so its a bit less bubbly. Also, please notice my sparkly shirt :)
I'm definitely not a resolution person. Honestly I think they're dumb and no one ever sticks to them. We do set goals every year though. And yes, goals and resolutions are different. Also, this year I saw a show where people were coming up with one word to sum up what they're working on. My word this year is spirituality. It's something that has increased in importance to me since having Tavvin and so most of my goals are geared towards it. What word will define your 2013?
I hope you all had a fun New Years Eve and I wish you all a wonderful new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment