Sunday, February 24, 2013

Maxi Skirt DIY

My sewing confidence has been partially redeemed with this one. Woohoo! I followed a tutorial for a maxi skirt from this blog here. It turned out really cute, but there is one flaw... my fabric wasn't stretchy enough! If I eat an M&M this skirt will explode at all seams because the pattern is written for stretchier fabric and it is so tight. The reason I didn't use stretchier fabric is because this was just a cut of fabric I wanted to use from my grandma's magic basement fabric stash (If you don't know, my grandma worked at a fabric store most of her life and has collected a whole room full of fabric, it is awesome). I totally want to make another one of these with some fabric that has a bit more stretch because it was such a cinch to make and I love it!


2 comments: