Friday, February 15, 2013

Pinteresting

I'm loving what pinterest is doing to my house and closet. Such cute stuff on a dime! I love it. My latest project was a t-shirt scarf. It was way easy and it turned out pretty cute.


I got this shirt for $3 from the D.I. You could easily use an old shirt you already have, but I like that the D.I. has lots of color and fabric options for cheapo. Just make sure the shirt is a knit and preferrably cotton because that will work best. If I did this again I would cut the strips less far up so there's a thicker block of shirt to make up the actual scarf portion (does that make sense?), the strips get about 1/3 longer when you stretch them. Also, this would work even a little better if the shirt was skinnier, especially at the waist, because it would make the circumference of the scarf a little smaller. Test that out before you get started to make sure it will even work--a big mens shirt will be too big, this was a size small women's t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment