Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day

The Webb family all wanted to do some camping over Memorial Day weekend. After deliberating about it, we decided it would be a little cold and tricky with kids, so Stacey found us a nice condo to stay in at Brianhead. I'd never been there before, but it was really pretty and we had such a fun time!

Of course the very first night we got there Tavvin decided to start teething, so sleep was sparse! Luckily Stacey was clever and brought some caffein to keep us all going, and Amanda remembered the baby tylenol, so we made it through!

We went fishing (Shad fished, I walked along the bank then hid from the wind in the car), hiking, out to eat, and spent a lot of family time just playing games and snacking.

Photo at an overlook. It was gorgeous there!
 I can't resist a Tavvin sleep shot
 Shad and Tav fishing
Shad caught so many fish!

 We all agreed on a hike to go on together on Sunday. It was a little 1.4 mile loop through trees and past a pond and it sounded easy for the kids and fun. Well.. we forgot that there was still a fair amount of snow up there because of the high elevation. At first, there were just some snow piles to go over and mud puddles to get around. About 2/3 of the way through, though, we ran into a hill that normally had a few switch backs, but they were entirely covered in snow. For some reason we decided to just hike down it. We were all soaked and laughing by the end, and a few of us ripped pants open! It was more of an adventure than we had planned on, but we had so much fun.

Tavvin slept like this for the first half of the hike. Doesn't look super comfortable...
Family photo
While going down "The Hill" my legs got stuck thigh deep in snow facing wrong directions and I couldn't get out. I was laughing so hard that it was making it impossible to un-stick myself. Silly.
 Our reward at the end of the adventure was this beautiful little pond. 


We are so lucky to have two amazing families to spend time with. I give gratitude every day for the amazing people in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment