Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Camping Overnighter

Shad planned a little overnight camping trip with his family a month or so ago up American Fork canyon. It was so beautiful and had some fun moments, but camping is not quite as great with kids as it was without kids! Am I allowed to say that? Maybe I shouldn't say not as great, maybe its just different. Shad and I had camped with Tavvin when he was about 1 and he slept great so we had high hopes that Harlow might as well. We should have known better! She was awake screaming at the top of her lungs at about 3 in the morning and would not be consoled. I think she wanted a warm bottle, but I couldn't give her that! I think she also hated being somewhere weird and it was also pretty cold! Anyway, I ended up sitting in our car with her, freezing my tail off, trying to get her to calm down and sleep. I finally got her calmed down watching a movie with me in the tent a few hours later and she was so tired that she slept the rest of the night and into the morning. That was the worst of it though, the rest of the time was actually pretty fun! And Tavvin loved all of it so that made it worth it in my book. (I'm just really sorry to everyone who was kept up all night by Harlow !)














No comments:

Post a Comment