Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tavvin Update

Well, not a ton has changed for Tavvin since I last updated. It seems like that first year and a half they grow SO quickly, and then it slows down (at least a little). He's definitely getting bigger, smarter, and more mature. He also says the darnedest things, I've written a few down so I'll post them. He's starting listening more to what Shad and I say, and repeating it. That makes for some funny moments! He's also become much more curious, asking, What's this mean? about everything. I started him in a mommy-swap preschool a few weeks ago with 5 other moms in my neighborhood. He loves it and he's been doing great. He technically shouldn't be starting preschool till next year at the earliest, but since his bday is so close to the deadline and also because my friend asked if I would like to, we decided to do this preschool this year anyway.

Some "Tavvinisms":

Me: You're good at this game Tav
Tav: Yeah, I'm am

At dinner one night when Shad was trying to get Tavvin to eat: "Relax dad! Just relax!"

Getting ready one morning Tav looks down an my naked chest and says, "What are those mom?" So I told him... and he then looks down at his own chest and exclaims, "I have nickels too!"

We've been telling him about areas of his body that are private and shouldn't be touched (potty training really opened that can of worms). So one morning in the shower he starts yelling, "Mommy!! Sissy's touchin my weenie!!" haha. At least he's learning right?


He is my little best friend and I love hanging out with him. The few times we get together while Harlow is sleeping are just the best. He loves to craft and do creative things and I really love that about him. He will sit and play play dough or color for a really long time, and I love watching his creative mind work. He just started being able to push the pedals on his training wheel bike and we're so proud of him! He loves little treasures and trinkets and he loves to make contraptions. He's not especially interested in regular toys, he likes to use them to make different things. He has this current "contraption" that's a wand tied onto a yo-yo wrapped onto another toy or two. He also loves to play "gumballs"-he has this little toy gumball machine we put coins into and the gumball rolls out. He also likes to play "coins" where he sticks coins into a musical piggy bank. He loves to play "wrestles" with daddy and is very active and into rough and tumble play. He also loves riding his "scooter" which is a little 3 wheeler without pedals that he cruises on by pushing with his feet. He loves treats and candy and we use it against him to get him to eat, because he's not a great eater. His favorite food is "cheesy noodles"-noodles with butter and parmesan cheese. He also loves juice, which I don't buy regularly so he gets it when he can.

Tav is so cute and sweet and such a fun member of our family. He keeps us laughing and we love him so much.
"How old are you?"

 Climbing partners
 "I'm a super hero"-in a scary bad guy voice

 Just decided to lounge on a box one day. He keeps me laughing
 Tavvin LOVES his grandmas.
 Alpine days
 Playing games with the big kids at the Webb Reunion

 He always says, "Mommy, I just need to take a break"
 This year was the year of fights at the dinner table. It seems like almost every night was a battle to get him to sit at the table and eat his food. He has made a little improvement though :).
 Hayes and Tav at Snoasis in Alpine


 "Show me your muscles Tav!"
 He was very proud of this fake tattoo daddy put on him. 
 He posed like this for me in front of a hot tub at a massive house in the parade of homes.

 I was cleaning the house one day and realized the kids were being a little too quiet. I came into his room to find he had dumped most of a baby powder bottle onto the floor. I guess theres worse things he could have dumped on the floor?

No comments:

Post a Comment