I know I posted about a billion things this year, but I want to go through the highlights in one post for journaling purposes.
In mid January I finished my last online BYU class to complete my bachelors degree.
At the end of January I applied for a job at Great Clips and got it. I got to work with two of my friends from hair school and a bunch of other great girls.
On February 3rd, Shad and I found out we were pregnant.
On February 27th we had our first ultrasound and saw Tavvin and his tiny heartbeat for the first time.
In March we celebrated my 23rd birthday by telling our families we were pregnant.
In Spring sometime Shad and I took a trip to St. George to enjoy some warmer weather for a few days. My tummy was just starting to poke out.
On May 24th we welcomed our new beautiful baby niece, Jaidyn, and found out Tavvin was a boy on the very same day.
In June, Shad took a trip with his business partner to Florida. They were given the retreat as a reward for making the company so much mula. Go Shad! (but next time take me)
We went to Blanding for both July 4th and 24th. On the first trip, my brothers joined and enjoyed some fun classic Blanding activities. On the second, the family threw me a baby shower.
We also learned in July that Shad's parents were moving up North, woohoo! (Well, bittersweet, we love Blanding too!)
In August my family threw me a baby shower. I also received my diploma in the mail, a college grad at last!
In mid-September I finished up my last week at Great Clips because I decided later on not to go back to work.
By the end of September we had basically finished the baby nursery that we started in April. It was nice to have accomplished something that we put so much work into!
September 29th Tavvin was born.
Mid-October my brother proposed to his girlfriend, Alex. We can't wait to make her an official member of the family!
October 22 Shad turned 27. We can't believe how old he's getting ;)
November-December we enjoyed a lot of Holiday fun with family while learning how to be parents (not saying we've gotten close to figuring it out or anything, but at least we're all still alive)!
We didn't do any big vacations or go on any crazy adventures this year, but I carried around a baby for 10 months and got him here successfully (and Shad endured it all with me). I have to say that's one of the coolest and craziest things I've ever done. We had a great year and grew a lot in our marriage. I'm happy to see what 2013 has to bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment