I LOVE to read. I love words and I love when an author really knows how to use them, because I don't, so I appreciate those that do by reading! My latest book (a reread, I originally read it about 5 years ago) is The Secret Life of Bees. It's in probably my top 5 favorite books ever read, so I decided to pick it up and take it for another spin. One thing I love about really good books is that they never get old, I can read them over and over.

I want to share some lines from the book that make me love it so much:
"People who think dying is the worst thing don't know a thing about life."
"She liked to tell everybody that women made the best beekeepers, 'cause they have a special ability built into them to love creatures that sting."
"You know, some things don't matter that much, Lily. Like the color of a house. How big is that in the overall scheme of life? But lifting a person's heart--now, that matters."
"Knowing can be a curse on a person's life."
"There is nothing perfect, there is only life."
"It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening"
"Regrets don't help anything, you know that."
"... you just have to close your eyes and breathe out and let the puzzle of the human heart be what it is."
I'm ready for a new book, any recommendations would be happily accepted :)
No comments:
Post a Comment