Back in the early spring I got called to be an assistant girls camp advisor. This is the biggest calling I've ever had so I was pretty nervous, but am now so grateful I had that experience! This past week we had camp and I think it turned out pretty amazing!
I had some very amazing spiritual experiences and overall I loved bonding with our girls and with the other leaders. I'm happy to be done with the anxiety I had building up over camp, but sad now that it's over because I just grew to love those girls so much!
Funny/crazy story... Our last night at camp I went to bed about 11:30 (being all tired and pregnant) but most the other leaders stayed up a bit later. Well I was woken up at 12:30 because the camp next to us believed they had seen and heard mountain lions and the stake camp leaders wanted us to evacuate! We packed up our entire camp in the middle of the night and drove home from Heber-getting home at 3 am! After a much needed, but very late-night shower, I got about 5 hours of sleep before we had to meet up at the church to clean up and organize all the things we had to frantically pack in the middle of the night. VERY crazy experience, but I'm glad we all made it home safe and that it happened on the last night-I wouldn't have wanted to leave mid-week!
Love these girls! So glad I got to be one of their camp leaders!

No comments:
Post a Comment