The loose theme of my nursery is safari animals, but so far I've only incorporated one project that has safari animals in it.. I am in love with how it turned out though. I got the idea on Pinterest to cut out silhouettes of animals and glue them to unframed canvas. I found some cool, sort of retro-ish fabric at my grandma's (turns out she has collected basically an entire store of fabric in her lifetime and is now more than happy to get rid of it!). We looked up silhouettes of a giraffe, elephant, and lion online, blew them up to the right size for the canvas's, and cut them out of the fabric. Then I mod podged them onto the canvas. All except the lion went on really well-the lion is a little thinner fabric and it bubbled a little. I haven't decided where to hang them yet, but most likely they'll hang above the crib with the giraffe on the left and the elephant and lion on the right. I'm in love with these things and I'm so happy they turned out how I wanted! Shad was especially helpful with this project, which was a very good thing because he tends to be a perfectionist where I tend to get impatient and then not do things so perfect..
These turned out SOOOOOO cute! I love them!
ReplyDelete