I have finished my second big project for the nursery-the dresser. It turned out being harder than I thought and doesn't look as good as I hoped because I have this innate inability to follow directions...
The dresser started out looking like this. I removed all the knobs, cleaned off the cobwebs (it's an old dresser from my parents house that hasn't been used in yeeears), and the dust, and some more cobwebs, then got to painting.
This is the end result! New knobs and a navy paint job.
I also mod podged orange paper to the bottom inside of the drawers to cover the rough wood and add a little color contrast.
You will notice that the blue paint looks a bit splotchy, especially on the top. Well, this is where I failed to follow directions.. My talented furniture re-furnisher sister-in-law instructed me to buy paint with primer in it. Well, I couldn't find any at Lowes, where I decided to buy the spray paint, so I figured hey I'll just prime it first then paint it and it's the same, right? No. Well, in this case, no. It actually may have worked, but I didn't prime it well enough. You will notice the primer in the picture below is not fully covering the dresser. This apparently leads to a much less even end result.. OOPS. I considered starting over, but I figure I'll be covering the top of the dresser with a changing pad, lamp, and diaper stuff and you won't see much of the splotchy-ness anyway. Perhaps next time I try a project I will follow instructions!!
I'm now working on safari animal canvas wall art! It's almost done, so I'll post it soon hopefully!
Turned out SO dang cute! Good work mama. I think you should paint the top bright orange too. Or put an orange changing pad on top. It will be covered in stuff soon enough and you won't even see the top :)
ReplyDelete