Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Everything about my pregnancy you don't care to know.

Some random pregnancy symptoms (the ones that mostly aren't tmi) that I swear no one warned me about... (this is just to help all you pre-pregos to be more aware, not a giant list of complaints/vent-sesh, I swear..........)

-Being congested. Ok, maybe this is tmi, but I always wake up with raw dry nasal passages and mucus. Also, it's getting to the point now where it includes blood too because it like gets to dry in there at night or something? Raise your hand if you thought your nose would be unaffected by being pregnant... (mine is raised).

-Numbness in my hands. Like right now, because I've been hanging out on the computer for a good chunk of this morning (I get bored just sitting and my body is too tired/achey to get up and move around, so you guys get to hear from my constantly on all media outlets). My hands, especially toward the end here, are like always puffy and a little numb. Especially in the mornings.

-Brittle, dry hair. I thought your hair was supposed to get luscious and thick? Or even that you were supposed to lose a ton. But no, mine is just the grossest dry texture for some weird reason. I swear I haven't done anything different to it. 

-This one will sound naive, but I was certain I that other than my belly getting huge, not much else would change with the way my body looks. So wrong. Among other things.... my hips and bottom got nice and chunky before even a sign of a belly showed up. I don't really like admitting this, but the reason it sucks is that I haven't like stuffed my face or totally quit being active, so it seems like it was out of my control :(. It just happened on it's own so I feel like it was supposed to to help support my belly or something, which is a bummer.

-Headaches. Mostly in the first trimester, but they seem to be coming back. Basically every day in my first trimester I woke up with a headache. 

-Difficulty sleeping. This is an understatement. I only get two positions now-my left side or my right side, and the left is more comfortable than the right. And good luck if you don't have a pillow to put between your legs and a VERY cushiony mattress to cradle all the weight pushing down on your hips. Also, I have to get up to pee at least once every night. I've become very efficient at getting to the toilet and back in the dark. AND there's the heartburn and nighttime dehydration/racing heart and constant restless dreams that don't help.

-Heartburn. I'd never thought about it, but have you ever wondered where all your organs go after the baby is taking up most of the space in your belly? Well, my stomach is just getting pushed further and further up into my ribs. I am now on twice a day Zantac and have Tums with me at all times.

-Exercise has become almost obsolete. I have back pain now pretty much constantly and any physical activity just makes it worse. In addition, it only takes about an hour or two on my feet before they are really hurting. Like someone must have taken a hammer to my feet hurting. Swimming, as I've mentioned before, is my only option now, but it doesn't entirely leave my back unaffected. It's also very unappealing at the end of the day after spending 4-7 hours standing and cutting hair.

Now, for all the guys who ask, "Have you had any morning sickness?" and when I say No, they say oh good and act like that is the only difficult thing to deal with in pregnancy, I just want to say, You try this, you have no idea! That being said, I am sooo grateful to not have had morning sickness because I am sure that would really be the worst and I'm so feeling for all you who have had it. Seriously, I feel way bad and I bow to you for getting through that. And I swear I'm still glad that women get to be pregnant, not men, because there is nothing cooler than feeling my baby boy bouncing around in my tummy and kicking me and knowing that I get to be the one to bring him into this world (well, with a team of nurses and a doctor)

Ok, I'm done. If you read all this, and still like/respect me at all, thanks :) haha

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even think the nose thing was a pregnancy symptom! The exact same thing had been happening to me, but I just thought I was getting sick or something, haha. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who gets numb hands. It's annoying, right? No one tells you these things like feeling like a whale or that you can't eat a meal over a half of a cup size without getting heartburn. On the plus side you look fabulous pregnant (jealous!), and you're going to have a baby soon! You will be a fabulous mommy :) I hope to see you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete